4 blood oranges (or small Navel oranges if unavailable)
3 ounces of green olives
1-1/2 ounces unsalted capers
Fresh or dried dill (to taste)
Organic extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
Hot chili pepper (to taste)
- Drain and reserve the oil from the anchovies.
- Cut the anchovies into small pieces.
- Peel and slice the oranges; arrange on a dish and sprinkle with anchovies and olives.
- In a separate bowl, mix the reserved olive oil (and extra olive oil as needed), pine nuts, capers, hot pepper and dill gently with a fork.
- As soon as the sauce is ready, pour over salad and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.